The Beginning, Dec 28 - Jan 03
The Small, Unimportant Details
๐ฟ Week Of: Dec 28 - Jan 03
How this week felt, in one sentence:
Hectic
๐ธ Photo Anchor(s)
๐ฏ️ The Ordinary Things
Small moments that mattered more than they should have.
- People over for New Years Eve
- Spotify in my car
- Warm water
๐ What Filled My Days
Not a to-do list — just what showed up.
ground beef chili with cheddar cheese and fritos on top
cleaned the whole downstairs of the apartment for the NYE party
read Empire of Storms, Dark Harmony, and The London Seance Society
how important rest days are
๐ One Moment I Want to Keep
Sitting in the playroom on the crumby carpet. Stacking blocks and playing with bath toy animals in a barn. It was so simple and it made her so happy.
๐ธ (Optional photo here — even if it’s imperfect)
๐ง️ What Was Heavy (If Anything)
Washing machine broke. such a bummer since I was already backed up with Laundry.
✨ Small Joys I Almost Missed
Tiny, quiet brightness.
- laughing with family
- toddler hugs
- kids drawing pictures for me
๐️ Something I’m Carrying Into Next Week
Less rushing, more rest.
๐️ Closing Line
I need to make my time to feel more intentional in smaller doses.
✨ Optional Add-Ons (Use Only When You Want)
๐ถ Soundtrack of the Week: I listened to the kids playlists, and a Rock Mix on Spotify
๐ฆ️ Weather Notes: It snowed 4" Wed into Thurs.
๐งบ Life Admin, Gently Noted
I am typing this all out on Saturday Jan 3rd. It was today that I decided I wanted to start trying to remember small details of my week.
Sunday is like every other day, grocery shopping, more cleaning, and getting myself and the kids prepared for another week of chaos. It was still school vacation week so I didn't have to do too much for them. Then it was Disney on Ice! Bebe gifted the kids and I tickets. The kids loved it and I'm glad I got to experience it with them. I'm sure I attached pictures above lol. P doesn't like Burger King very much so I got the kids and I that for dinner to eat on the way to the show.
Monday, MIL was sick & hurt her back. I worked from home with the kiddos... Not easy and very stressful as they were screaming at each other most of the morning. Luckily Nex Playground saved the day there.
Tuesday, same thing happened with MIL, P was home in the morning and helped with the kids, thank goodness. I was starting to really feel my cold coming on. But I spent some of the morning working with M on my lap at my desk. It was sweet that she wanted to snuggle me. She barely moved and just rested on me. Once P went to work at the B&G club, Nex was the babysitter again. I spent the day drinking warm water and peppermint teas to help my cold. I saw on TikTok to keep your neck and feet warm when you have a cold. So I did that lol
Wednesday, Office day & NYE. My cold felt like it was in full brain fog force. I hated it. I got to leave early though because it was a quiet work day and the production plants were down/1 shift. MIL, FIL, Uncle IL, P's cousin, and the two besties came over for the "party". We played with the Nex and Uncle IL's switch 2. Everyone left and it was Stranger Things finale time. I still have mixed feelings about it.. don't get me started. Drank more alcoholic drinks and brought in the new year with the besties and P.
Thursday, made french toast for the bestie's for breakfast. It was nice having them sleep over and spend the day there. I needed a shower though lol and I didn't have clean towels so that threw me off a bunch lol. HOWEVER, I watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the King for the first time. It was okay. I don't understand the hype these movies get yet. Maybe I will after watching the other 2 movies. I also made my vision board for the new year. I also helped the 2 besties make theirs too lol
Friday, Office day. I left early by like an hour? Spent an hour at my Gram B's house. She had broken her hip a few weeks back so it was nice to help her do a few things and hang out. I love that woman so much and I am always thankful we rekindled our relationship years and years back.
Saturday, my first relax day of the new year. I haven't had one in a looong time and it was a great slow day. of course I ended up doing a lot of stuff, but I read and played my game, and spent time with the kiddos so it was still busy. I also started this lol Mac n Cheese for dinner cause I wanted something easy.
As I type this, R was concerned about a black speckle in her belly button. So silly. But those are the weird silly things I want to capture because I think moments like those just wash away without a second thought. AJ had a tough week with whining. I'll do something about that. I think its just those 5-yr old feelings. R went through it too but thankfully doesn't do it anymore... glad that phase was over lol
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment